In certain cases, foreign workers in Canada are exempt from the Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) requirement. The following foreign workers are exempted, but still need a work permit:
Workers covered under international agreements. For example, North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) allows professionals and investors to obtain work permits without a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA).
- People taking part in exchange programs such as youth exchange programs, teacher exchange programs and other joint programs.
- Spouses and common-law partners of certain foreign students who study full-time, spouses and common-law partners of certain skilled foreign workers and spouses and common-law partners who are in Canada and have been sponsored through the Family Class and have applied for permanent residence.
- Workers who are eligible for a work permit through a federal-provincial or territorial agreement.
- Workers nominated by a province or territory for permanent residence. Workers must have a job offer from an employer based in that territory.
- People already working in Canada who have applied for permanent residence through the Federal Skilled Worker, Federal Skilled Trades or Canadian Experience Class. Workers must have received a positive eligibility assessment on their permanent residence application and have a work permit that will expire within the next four months to be eligible.
- Workers who have been transferred to their company’s Canadian operations.
- Academics such as researchers, visiting professors etc.
- International students studying in Canada and doing co-op work placements or internships as part of their studies.
- People who need to support themselves while in Canada such as those waiting for a refugee claim.
HOW WE CAN HELP
Our Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultants (RCICs) can assess your eligibility, determine your options to come to Canada, and represent you in your application. We are authorized by the Canadian government to offer paid immigration services legally. Our job is to educate you about Canadian immigration and to strategize a plan considering your objectives, timeline expectations, and overall needs.
Once you retain Canada Visa Express, we work in a highly systematic manner for which we are known for. We comply with our system to be constant for being fast and efficient in the delivery of service. Upon signing the retainer agreement, we start assisting you. We make ourselves available. We answer phone calls everyday, respond to emails within 24 to 48 hours, and provide answers promptly.