Skip to content

Sherwoodtowne Blvd, Mississauga, ONTARIO Mon - fri 8am - 5pm, Sat - Sun 10am - 3pm


Visit our new website at

Study In Canada

If you intend to study in Canada, most foreign nationals must apply for a study permit. A study permit, once issued, allows a foreign national to study in Canada at a Designated Learning Institution (DLI) for the duration of the specified program.



A study permit is usually valid until the length of the program and 90 days more. This extra time is enough to prepare a student to leave Canada or apply to extend the stay. It is possible to extend your stay as a student if you have not completed the program on the expiry date of the study permit. Although, if the program ends before the expected time, the study permit will be considered invalid 90 days after you complete the program (no matter what day is printed on the study permit). The program is considered complete either on the date that the first notification arrives from the school (such as an email, letter, transcript, etc.) or when the degree, diploma, or certificate is issued.


Processing Time

The processing time depends on the country of residence, but it usually takes six weeks.


Education as a Pathway to Canadian Permanent Residence

Canadian post-secondary education is not only valuable from an educational and career point of view - but it is also a popular route to permanent residence. Once a student completes his or her program, the student can apply for a work permit and eventually apply for permanent residence.

Benefits of Study Permit

  • Work While Studying

    While studying in Canada, international students may work for up to 20 hours per week while in school, and on a full-time basis during school breaks.

  • Obtain Work Permit After the Program

    International students may obtain a Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP) with an equivalent duration of the studies once the program is completed, allowing students to remain in Canada until they become eligible for permanent residence.

  • Bring Accompanying Spouse or Common-Law Partner and Dependent Child

    International students may bring an accompanying spouse or common-law partner to Canada on an open work permit, allowing him or her to work for any employer. They may also bring accompanying minor children to study in Canada at the same rate that Canadians pay.

  • Become a Permanent Resident

    International students may become eligible for permanent residence, either through a Provincial Nominee Program (PNP), Quebec's immigration system, or the Express Entry immigration selection system.


Our Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultants (RCICs) can assess your eligibility, determine your options to come to Canada, and represent you in your application. We are authorized by the Canadian government to offer paid immigration services legally. Our job is to educate you about Canadian immigration and to strategize a plan considering your objectives, timeline expectations, and overall needs.

Once you retain Canada Visa Express, we work in a highly systematic manner for which we are known for. We comply with our system to be constant for being fast and efficient in the delivery of service. Upon signing the retainer agreement, we start assisting you. We make ourselves available. We answer phone calls everyday, respond to emails within 24 to 48 hours, and provide answers promptly.

Scroll To Top